Is any body using a solar powered ebook reader?
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2022-11-16 11:01:41 UTC
Is any body using a solar powered ebook reader?
tia
There is a newsgroup called "alt.solar.photovoltaic"!
Paul
2022-11-16 14:42:29 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Is any body using a solar powered ebook reader?
tia
There is a newsgroup called "alt.solar.photovoltaic"!
Would you be happy with just an e-ink screen ?

https://web.archive.org/web/20101225230126/http://inhabitat.com/toshiba-unveils-new-solar-powered-e-book-reader/

https://ebooks.stackexchange.com/questions/493/are-there-any-solar-powered-ebook-reader

Paul
Nic
2022-11-16 15:04:11 UTC
Post by Paul
 > Is any body using a solar powered ebook reader?
tia
There is a newsgroup called "alt.solar.photovoltaic"!
Would you be happy with just an e-ink screen ?
https://web.archive.org/web/20101225230126/http://inhabitat.com/toshiba-unveils-new-solar-powered-e-book-reader/
https://ebooks.stackexchange.com/questions/493/are-there-any-solar-powered-ebook-reader
   Paul
The point I am getting is that in spite of advances in battery
technologies, most of the solar eBook readers are from articles written
around 10 years ago, nothing I could find in 2022, very odd.
Lu Wei
2022-11-28 08:53:19 UTC
Post by Nic
The point I am getting is that in spite of advances in battery
technologies, most of the solar eBook readers are from articles written
around 10 years ago, nothing I could find in 2022, very odd.
Solar powered ebook reader is only suitable with e-ink display. E-ink
technology and market are greatly waned in this 10 years. LCD display
phones and tablets has advanced by more and more powerful chips, high
refreshing rate, and high resolution; But E-ink panels seems still as
they are 10 years ago.
--
Regards,
Lu Wei
PGP: 0xA12FEF7592CCE1EA
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2022-11-16 15:10:10 UTC
Post by Paul
Would you be happy with just an e-ink screen ?
https://web.archive.org/web/20101225230126/http://inhabitat.com/toshiba-unveils-new-solar-powered-e-book-reader/
https://ebooks.stackexchange.com/questions/493/are-there-any-solar-powered-ebook-reader
Paul
Still think simple paper and ink are better than electronics, especially
for our eyes. :)
Nic
2022-11-16 15:21:32 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Post by Paul
Would you be happy with just an e-ink screen ?
https://web.archive.org/web/20101225230126/http://inhabitat.com/toshiba-unveils-new-solar-powered-e-book-reader/
https://ebooks.stackexchange.com/questions/493/are-there-any-solar-powered-ebook-reader
     Paul
Still think simple paper and ink are better than electronics,
especially for our eyes.   :)
I agree.

Is hemp paper more durable than tree pulp paper?